9810 Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, FL | Directions 3225630.218766 -81.555110
Mon. - Sat. 6am - 9am;Sun. 7am - 8pm
Neighborhoods: Southeast, Royal Lakes
Typical sandwich place. – I don't want to hate on Panera Bread. It is an impressive model, considering they are everywhere.
* Great morning souffles. It is hard to eat one.
* Some excellent bagels (cheddar).
* Mac n' Cheese is hard to put down.
* Soups are not bad.
* They won't kick you out if you sit there for hours.
* Friendly staff.
* Aim carefully and throw a dark at the menu board. What did you hit? Well, it doesn't matter, because all of the sandwiches taste basically the same. Salty, slightly overcooked, and a tough to chew. I swear, I actually have the cashiers order for me these days because the food is really that similar tasting. I think this is largely because the bread is what you taste, in between that iron flavor of your mouth being shredded by the rough crust.
* Weird crowd. Not the fault of the restaurant, but it seems to be a laptop fetish exhibition. People have a tendency to show off their business speak and commandeer large areas so they can bark about derivatives and cash reserves. The fact that people come here to look and act cool makes it decidedly uncool.
* Parking here is atrocious.
* It is overpriced. My wife often sends me here. We end up with a sandwich and a half, a small soup, and a small mac, and it always seems to be like $26. I think that is just too much.
Schlotsky's Deli, Crispers. Midtown Deli.
Fresh-baked goods, fresh-brewed coffee and creative sandwiches served up in relaxed, roomy surroundings. – In Short
Bright colors and comfortable furniture give this chain cafe a laid-back feel, with scattered tables that beckon coffee-sipping readers, chatters and diners. All baked goods--bagels, muffins, two dozen kinds of bread--are made fresh on the premises. Sandwiches include turkey-artichoke panini and Asiago roast beef, plus standards like chicken salad and smoked turkey. Soups change daily, but popular choices like broccoli and cheese, chicken noodle and French onion are always on the menu.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Panera Bread on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.