CAN'T RECOMMEND THIS PRACTICE ANYMORE.
For two years, I recommended Dr. G's practice very highly to family and friends. In fact, family members paid Dr. G's office approximately $13,000 in 2009-2011. But, I can no longer recommend his practice for the following reasons:
(1) Very poorly trained dental assistants, often working on patients without direct supervision. Here are two examples from my personal experience:
On one occasion, an unsupervised dental assistant re-cemented a crown that had fallen out, without the doctor present. It took her three tries to get the cement "right." The crown fell out again a few weeks later.
On another occasion, an unsupervised dental assistant took impressions using so much material that the trays overflowed and the thick, gooey impression material ran down the back of my throat, causing me to choke. She did this not once, but twice. On the same day, the same unsupervised assistant took a third impression using material so hot, it burned my gums. Who trained her?
Working under the doctor's supervision, that same assistant sprayed water up my nose and down my throat repeatedly, while the doctor was prepping a tooth with his drill.
When I jumped involuntarily because the misdirected sprays kept startling me, the doctor paused to lecture me on "how to tolerate" what was happening. He warned that I had to stop jumping and stay still, or he might "hit my cheek with the drill accidentally." (Reassuring?!) After the lecture, he ignored me and talked with his assistant about her schoolwork (Chemistry 101?) until he was finished prepping the tooth.
I was in the chair for over two hours that day, mostly waiting, which leads to the next reason I can't recommend Dr. G's practice.
(2) Long waits in the dentist's chair, i.e., more than 15 minutes at a time, several times during the same visit; on multiple visits. They get you out of the waiting room and into the chair fast; then the real waiting begins.
(3) Dr. G will not return phone calls to patients. As a matter of policy, as stated by his practice manager and confirmed by the doctor himself, patient's questions must be passed through staff members, or asked during a scheduled office visit. No exceptions.
(4) High staff turnover makes quality of service unpredictable. In 2009, the doctor's staff was outstanding. In 2011, it was the worst I've ever encountered.
(5) Treatment results were just OK. I think a general dentist could have done as good a job of making my new crown, or a better job given the fact that Dr. G allowed his poorly trained dental assistant to do everything except prep my tooth.
I did not return to Dr. G's office to have my new crown cemented. I did not want to risk having one of his dental assistants do something permanent. Since he wouldn't return my call, and I did not want to drive an hour to see him in the office to ask a question, t went to another prosthodonist instead; one who takes the impressions, preps the teeth, cements the crowns, and adjusts the bite HIMSELF.
(6) Compared with two other prosthodontists I've used over the years, Dr. G's practice ranks a distant third in everything but cost of treatment. He gets top dollar.
What A Plan!.
Thanks for a very well thought out plan to restore my implants. A plan was presented with fees and the timeline, which was explained in a way that I understood. After I left the office, Kristin anwsered any additional questions and help schedule all my appointments. A true professional office with outstanding customer service!
Thank you Dr. Gielincki and staff!
My Teeth Look Great!.
People don't even realized that they are not my natural teeth and Dr. Gielincki is the one I need to thank. He presented all my options and I decided that dental implants were the best treatment for me.
From One Happy Patient!
Exceptional Work. I needed to be seen quickly and in my opinion, Dr. Gielincki is a true expert and anyone can see that his results are brilliant. The people who work for him are just as wonderful. I recommend him to you most enthusiastically.
#1 Dentist. Dr. Gielincki and his Staff are the best in town. I have been going to him for 3 years and I just wanted to say Thanks!!!
Other Dentists just couldn't get the job done. Dr. Gielincki and his staff listened to me and took the time to get the job done right the FIRST time!
Unlike what Bob4U said, this Dr. Gielincki was amazing!
I can only attribute my new found confidence to my beautiful smile
BEST IN TOWN!
Place to Avoid.
This dentist is definitely someone to avoid. As a colleague of his remarked, he has a type-A personality. His "bedside manners" are poor - he make you feel very uncomfortable. His office staff reflects his personality. As they say, birds of a feather, flock together.
Specifically, after he had worked on a couple of my teeth, I was in tremendous pain. I called his office several times and left messages, both with his staff and on the answering machine, but he never returned my call. Talk about caring.
Additionally, he failed to complete the work. Or, another way of putting it, he abandoned me.
He also failed to return my money-I had paid in full for the work which was never completed.
Subsequently, I went to another dentist to have the work redone.
Furthermore, several times his office cancelled appointments on me.
I want to assign a score of -10 but the website won't allow anything below zero.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!